Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 3: Scaling New heights

Day 1: Monday 16th December
Activity 3: Scaling New heights

Image result for spca












The SPCA is a very popular charity that handles with animals in many local areas. This organisation helps with many things like, animal cruelty prevention, animal rescue and even animal justice. Not only do they help animals, but they also help educate most of the community too. For example on their website provides a "SPCA kids education portal" which was a program designed to educate young kids to support children’s learning about animal welfare and responsibility towards animals, whilst developing children’s respect, understanding and compassion for all living creatures. animal rehabilitation is also another thing that the SPCA does, which helps with providing animals with essential care and medical care to animals in need, while also doing routine health check ups, vaccination, desexing and other useful things. Although I have only named only a few things that the SPCA charity helps with, you can find out many more information on their site: SPCA site

2 comments:

SLJ Manaiakalani Cluster said...

Kia ora Limiteti

My names Jordan and I'm the cluster manager for the SLJ programme in the Manaiakalani cluster. I'm so happy to see a Year 11 student participating in the programme, thanks so much for joining us!

Educating the community is so important, isn't it? It's one thing for an organisation to defend and protect these animals but ultimately it is a systemic problem with how we regard and treat animals. Thanks for providing a link to the website as well, I appreciate that.

I adopted my dog from the Animal Welfare League in Adelaide, Australia - it's similar to the SPCA and cares for animals in the same way. My dog, Bella, is now 6 1/2 yo and means the absolute world to me - I can't imagine how her life could have been if she wasn't adopted in to a loving home. People love puppies but many can't handle the full-time commitment of caring for them, they really do become your baby. And also, I think that people tire of these creatures as soon as the cute puppy stage is over, which is incredibly sad.
Do you have any animals? What made you pick the SPCA?

Look forward to your response!

Ngā mihi
Jordan

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Limiteti,

Thank you for providing us with a clear description of what the SPCA does! I've always wanted to adopt an animal but we already have enough at home :( I have two cats!! They are adorable! Do you have any pets?

Kind regards,
Riiana

Post a Comment