Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Activity 1: Making a racket - Day 4

Day 4 : Thursday 19th December - Individual Pursuits
Activity 1 : Making a racket


For me by watching the videos I was able to learn so many things, things like how Serena and Venus are two very popular and high payed tennis players. I also learned that these two talented players are SISTERS! and that they are some of the most richest athlete women payed. Serena coming 1st and Venus coming 5th for highest payed women athletes. I also learnt from the sisters that men and women in the tennis industry don't get equal opportunities, for example in some tournaments they wont get equal pay. Something id still want to know is what are they doing right now to help with getting equal pay for men and women, and if they arent currently doing anything then what are they planning on doing to help get equal pay?.

3 things I found out:
1. Serena and Venus are sisters
2. They are both some of the highest payed women athletes (Serena coming 1st and Venus coming 5th
3. Men and women are not treated the same in the athletic industry

Something I still want to know:
1. What are they doing right now to help with getting equal pay for men and women
2. what are they planning on doing in the future to help get equal pay for men and women.

2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Hi Limi...Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I'm hoping to see Venus and Serena at the ASB tennis in Auckland in January - I'll ask them your questions!!! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Hello Limi!

Those are some interesting thoughts! I myself would also like to know what they are planning on doing to help with equal pay for both men and women. If you could help out with the unequal pay problem, what would you do?

Sincerely,
Riiana

Post a Comment