Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Activity 2: Whats in a name?

Day 4 : Thursday 19th December
Activity 2 : Whats in a name?

Image result for thinking

My name, given to me by my fabulous mother is a very lovely name. I was named after my great grand-mother on my fathers side, which is a real honour for me, but if I was ever allowed to change my name it wouldn't be so hard to choose. Growing up my name was always mocked, and although "Limiteti" is a beautiful name many kids did not know the proper tongan pronunciation, so when thinking of a new name I've had lots of time to do so. When I was younger I always wanted to change my name Sophia or Emma, because they sounded like really cute girl names that all the boys would love. Although right now its a bit different, I'm older now and I know what I would want to change my name to, it wouldn't be a very big change but I would have to choose the name "Lorena". There is only one reason why I would change my name to Lorena is because it belongs to the most strongest person I've ever known. That woman being my very own, lovely and amazing mother.

2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

...beautiful post Limi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Limi!

It's unfortunate having your name being mocked, I've had that happen to me as well.

I agree, both 'Limiteti' and 'Lorena' are beautiful names! It's a nice thought knowing that you'd want to be named after your mother.

Keep up the great work!
- Riiana

Post a Comment