Pages

Thursday 26 December 2019

Activity 2 :Celebrating diversity

Day 4 : Thursday 26 December
Activity 2 : Celebrating diversity 


Image result for maya people Image result for Aboriginal Australians

The groups I have chosen are the Maya people and the Aboriginal Australians. Two interesting facts I learnt about the Maya people is that there are more than 6 million Maya (people) currently live in mesoamercia and that there are 30 different Mayan languages. For the Aboriginal Australians the two interesting facts I learnt is that Australia’s first people or also known as the "aboriginal Australians", have lived on the continent for over 50,000 years and for the second fact I learnt that Aboriginal Australians are split into two groups, the Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander peoples. (aboriginal people are related to those who already inhabited Australia when Britain began colonising the island in 1788, and Torres Strait Islander People who descend from residents of the Torres Strait Islands, a group of islands that is part of modern-day Queensland, Australia.

2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Hi Limi, Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani again commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the DLO you shared about celebrating diversity and I learnt something new too! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Hej Limiteti,

Wowie, over 6 million Maya people living in Mesoamerica? I have never heard of Mesamerica before now, so I searched it up and it's a beautiful region!

I love learning about other cultures!! How about you?

- Riiana

Post a Comment