Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2019

Activity 2 : The right to an education

Day 3 : Wednesday 25th December
Activity 2 : The right to an education

Summer Learning Journey
Christmas Day
Limi's story

Image result for merry christmas
Image result for easy christmas tree lights

Today is the 25th of December and if you don't know what that means, ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!. Every year when I was growing up we always had a Christmas tree and some presents. Although as time went on, and we grew older the Christmas spirit in my family slowly died to the point where we would do nothing at all. When the clock struck 12 at midnight I decided that today I would make try bring back the Christmas spirit we grew up with. We didn't have much but with someone old fairy lights I had, I made a little tree on the wall (looks similar to the second photo). Although instead of a start I added a photo of me, but they are basically the same thing. I went sleep and woke up at 10, after waking up I decided to get dressed into a green and red tutu, with a red long-sleeve and a Santa hat. It wasn't the best costume but it was really fun to see everyone reaction, my family started calling me the elf of our family. I then decided to make lunch for everyone and with the help of my older sister we decorated the table and called everyone to the kitchen. Even though it wasn't much and we didn't get any presents this year, the fact that I had all my family there was good enough. It's not whats under the Christmas tree that matters, its who's around it! I'm really enjoying my Christmas this year and I know that I brought back the Christmas spirit to my little family.

- Merry Christmas everyone

2 comments:

Erica said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

I'm glad you and your family got to celebrate Christmas - and you took the decorations into your own hands! Ka pai.

What is your favourite things about the holidays? For me, it's definitely the idea that the family gets together.

I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts!

Nga mihi
Erica

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Limiteti,

Aww go you for bringing back the Christmas spirit! Christmas Day is a great time to get coser to your whanau.

You are 1 billion percent correct, it's not what's under the tree, but who's around it!! :D

Great job!
- Riiana

Post a Comment