Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 1: Setting sail - Day 1

Day 1: Monday 16th December - Explorers
Activity 1 : Setting sail

If I was ever invited to join Nainoa for 3 weeks at sea, i would be super excited but still really scared. For food I would pack me Apple, Bananas and oranges, good amounts of apple and bananas but mostly oranges because they are not only nutritious but they can also last a long time. I would also take bottles of water, because water is a basic living necessity which we all need, even though we will be surrounded by water, it wouldn't be the best idea to drink that, so by taking water I can stay hydrated and also they can last longer than 3 weeks. I would also take some canned foods like spaghettibaked beans and (canned) fruit salad, because like my other choices they last a good amount of time until opened or eaten and they don't need a refrigerator or freezer. Other foods i would bring are nuts (also the ones with dried fruits), like almonds or cashews because they not only also have lots of nutrition but you can get lots that will last a long time. The last 2 things I would take would have to be packs of noodles and packs of chips, I chose these last two because like every other thing they last a very long time and because they are very yummy.

Every food choice i have chosen was because they have a good amount of expiration date (or when they rot) and because they would give me a good amount of energy. Not only that but they would be nice to eat during a long 3 weeks at sea.
My food list:
1. Apples
2. Bananas
3. Oranges
4. Water
5. Spaghetti
6. Baked beans
7. Nuts
8. noodles
9. chips
10. fruit salads (canned)


 

 


2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Hi Limi, Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani here - how are you? I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the assortment of food and drink that you picked - do you have a favourite? Perhaps next time you could put all of the information on a DLO or an infographic?! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

Great food choices! They are all equally delicious. Well done on inserting images!

It seems like I have finished reading all of your blog posts :( I've enjoyed reading every sinlge one you have posted. Congratulations on finishing the SLJ.

Happy holidays!
Riiana

Post a Comment