Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa

Day 1: Monday 16th December
Activity 2 : Discovering Aotearoa


For the 15 years that Ive been alive I have proudly represented my cultural sides. Although I was born in NZ my great grandparents came from the islands (just like Kupe).

On my mothers side I come from a small Island called Niue and on my fathers side a more popular island called Tonga. A very small village in Niue called Hakupu is where my grandfather was born, but as time went on he eventually moved to NZ, met my grandmother and had my mother. the youngest of 7. Although life was a bit different for my father and his parents. My grandparents met on the Island of Tonga, where they had 3 kids, my father being the second eldest, they lived in Kolomotu'a for a number of years after the birth of my father, then at the age of 5 my father moved with his parents to NZ. In 2004, many years after my mother and father met, my mother gave birth to her 3rd child... Me.



3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Hi Limi, this is Mrs Collins and I'll be commenting on blogs over the term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the DLO you created on "Discovering Aotearoa" and sharing about your family history. As you know, when we moved to New Zealand we had to leave all of our family behind in England, but they, and some of our friends, have been out to visit many times... Keep blogging, and commenting on others to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes, and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Georgia SLJ said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

It is an absolute pleasure to meet you even if it’s through the computer! I am really looking forward to seeing all the posts you are going to create. Im a blog commenter for the Summer Learning journey, in fact It’s my second year doing this! I have just completed my degree in teaching. If you want to learn more about me check out my blog!

Firstly, I just would like to congratulate you on continuing your blogging through to Tamaki College. You are doing such a great job and it really does take a lot to take on responsibility for your own learning. I think it’s awesome that you are proud of your culture, Tonga and Niue. You know a lot about your family history. Have you ever been back to visit either Tonga or Niue? One of my best friends is from Niue, she finally visited Niue this year and she loved it!

I have enjoyed reading your blogs Limiteti, I can’t wait to read more of them!

Blog you later,
Georgia

Anonymous said...

Hej Limiteti,

Isn't it fun knowing where your family originates from? Have you visited Niue and/or Tonga?

Sincerely,
Riiana

Post a Comment