Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2019

Activity 3 : Belle of the ball

Day 3 : Wednesday 25th December
Activity 3 : Belle of the ball

Image result for the absolutely true diary of a part time indian

(I don't think I've ever written a review before, I don't even know what a review is)

Over the years I've read many many books, and I've enjoyed almost all of them. Today I'll be writing about a book that I've only read recently but has quickly become one of my favourites, and the title of this book is"the absolutely true diary of a part time Indian". The book is about a young native Indian who is trying to find his "hope". The boy, known as Junior, was born on a Reservation where all his friends and family grew up, in the book he tells us about his experience on the Reservation and how he copes when everything goes bad. We then follow him on his journey to a different school, a richer school. The book talks about many things like family, racism, violence, alcohol, death, dreams, love and even poverty. I love this book for many reasons and I would 10/10 command this book to anyone who wants to read it.

- Merry Christmas everyone

2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Great graphics Limi...I got x2 new books for Christmas which was really nice. Have you read The Alchemist? I think you'd enjoy it a lot. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep your learning up over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

Haha you did well for writing your first review! After reading what the book is about and what topics it addresses I am 100% down for reading this book. How did you come across it?

Kind regards,
Riiana

Post a Comment