Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

Activity 3 : Own choice

Day 5 : Friday 20th December
Activity 3 : Own choice 

Image result for lorena galiki

I know of many famous people who get acknowledged for their good deeds in changing the world, but today I want to acknowledge someone who I think has been very helpful over the years. This woman's name is Lorena, I know this because she is my mother. I'm very proud and honoured to say that to me she is a change-maker. My mother is a social worker, and is very dedicated to her job. With her job she has to help many people who have been wronged or have experienced something very traumatic. My mother helps then not only mentally, by calling them and making sure that they are ok (and other things), but she also helps out physically. She meets up with her clients for lunches, helps clean homes and sometimes even gives them clothes and food. My mother not only does great in her job by working over time to make sure that her clients find their justice and closure, but she is also amazing help outside of her job too. She donates her time and money to people in need, she even drove around at 3 in the morning looking for a man that went missing. She did it because she has such a big and kind heart. You many not think my mother is a change-maker but with every path she has ever crossed she always finds a way to help them out. My mother may not be changing the world on the biggest scale, but shes helping when and where she can, doing it one person at a time. 

3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

...I hope you have shared this post with your Mum Limi - she would be honoured I'm sure. How are you going to be a change maker? How are you going to keep grounded, rooted and acknowledge the people who built the foundations you stand on? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Limi said...

Hello Mrs,

No I didn't think to share this to my mum, thank you for the great idea!. I'm not to sure on how I will be a change maker and I also don't know how I'm going to keep grounded, rooted and acknowledge the people who built the foundations I stand on. All I know is that, if there's a will then there's a way and I will be sure to show my gratitude to those who help me.

Anonymous said...

Hej Limiteti,

I aspire to be like your mother. She sounds like a wonderful person!! No doubt she has made many peoples lives, and I'm pretty sure that that's what a change-maker is.

Kind regards,
Riiana

Post a Comment