Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Activity 3: Miracle on Hudson

Day 2: Tuesday 17th December
Activity 3: Miracle on Hudson

Summer Learning Journey
The day I helped my friend
Limi's story

When I was younger I made a really big decision which I, and many other people thought was very brave. When I was in primary (year 5 or 6)  it was the time of the year where we had to run laps around our local area for school. On that day I decided to run with my friend Heather. Heather and I were good friends so when I had the opportunity to keep her out of danger I did. our school being on top of a little hill, we raced up with all our might. Being really tired Heather made her way in front of me. Almost to the school gate she ran faster, and so did I, then all of a sudden I saw it. A car at full speed was reversing out of its driveway without looking, and my friend didn't even know. That's when I knew I had to do something, I knew that if I yelled out to her it would be too late so instead I leaped ahead and pushed her out of the way. Unfortunately I was hit by the car and only suffered minor injuries, but I was able to save my friend from getting hurt and I gained a cool story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia orana Limi!

That must have been a scary experience :O! I'm glad that nothing too serious happened to you. I hope Heather thanked you after that.

Sincerely,
Riiana

Dani Summer Learning Journey Blog Commenter said...

Kia Ora Limiteti,

Wow, you really showed bravery in that moment. I’m sure Heather was very grateful and I’m glad to hear that you are okay. Your school cross country reminds me of my highschool’s cross country. We used to run out of school go along the road into a paddock where we had to go through a river that was a metre deep! It was lots of fun but very tiring.

It’s awesome that you have completed so many of the activities! Remember you can get extra points for leaving comments on other Summer Learning Journey learners’ blog posts.

Keep up the awesome blogging!

Blog ya later,

Dani

Post a Comment