Pages

Thursday 9 January 2020

Activity 3 : Top secret street art

Day 4 : Thursday 9th January
Activity 3 : Top secret street art



The two street arts I chose were the ones above, you can find them just streets away from each other in Christchurch. Some similarities I notice is that they are both using some very vibrant colours, like blue and yellow, I also notice that they have people (or a person) in both arts as well as the fact that each painting has another type of painting inside it. For example in the right photo the art is drawn inside the word love, and in the left there is a plane and other little things in the drawing of the person. Some differences I notice is that the left photo is drawn in a more realistic form and in the right photo they have drawn in a more cartoon like. Another thing is that on the left, the art is inside of a word (the word LOVE), and on the right the art is in the drawing of a woman. Both street arts are so amazing and beautiful and with all the colours it really captures a persons eye. Personally I really love the street art on the left, but like I said before both arts are really amazing and unique in its own way.

3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

There's lots of street art around G.I if you look closely Limi - have you ever noticed? Both of the pieces you've chosen are eye-catching, personally I prefer the top one as it's quite abstract. Keep blogging and commenting.

Erica said...

Mōrena Limiteti,

Wow, you've found some really cool street art from Christchurch. Have you been there before?

Which street art do you think is your favourite? Also - fun fact, the second image is actually from a show called 'Bro Town'. It was a show that was on TV when I was a kid (so a little while ago..) so I'm not sure if you've heard of it or not.

I think my favourite street art image is the first one. I really like the colour scheme the artist used.

Nga mihi
Erica

Anonymous said...

Hello Limiteti,

You have spotted amazing similarities and contrasts! They are both beautiful! I find someone drawn to the bottom art. Do you remember who painted what street art? I would love to go and check them out. :)

Kind regards,
Riiana

Post a Comment