Pages

Thursday 9 January 2020

Activity 2 : Try your own Tapa

Day 4 : Thursday 9th January
Activity 2 : Try your own Tapa

My : Tapa














I tried to keep my Tapa simple, each row of triangles only has 7 of them, it wasn't by mistake but on purpose, I made sure to only keep 7 triangles in each row because it represents me and my siblings. Although if you look at my middle rows one has 7 and the other has 4. The space between the two represents time and how our sibling bond of 7 has gone down to 4. One of my older sisters passed away and my eldest brother and sister have gone to live their lives, leaving me and my 3 other siblings to my parents. Which is what the two flowers represent, my parents. I tried to keep my Tapa simple but yet hold a lot of meaning towards it. If I was not sick I think I could of done a better job but I feel like what I have is good enough to get my message across.

3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Great tapa design Limi, personal and authentic! Tapa cloth (or simply tapa) is a barkcloth made in the islands of the Pacific Ocean, primarily in Tonga, Samoa and Fiji, but as far afield as Niue, Cook Islands, Futuna, Solomon Islands, Java, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea and Hawaii (where it is called kapa). Keep blogging. PS. Get well soon...

Erica said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

This is an incredible design! You should be really proud of yourself :)

I like the symbolism and meaning you have put into your design. Your hard work has really paid off. Have you ever made a Tapa before? I really want to make one but I haven't had the opportunity, unfortunately.

Nga mihi
Erica

Anonymous said...

Talofa lava Limiteti!

What a beautiful representation of your family!! The design is simple yet has a bold meaning behind it. It's great!

Awesome work!
- Riiana

Post a Comment