Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Activity 2 : K-pop heroes

Day 2 : Tuesday 7th January
Activity 2 : K-pop heroes

Related image

BTS is an amazing and inspirational singing, song writing group but personally I do not like their music. I don't like their music mostly because I don't understand it (its mostly in another language), but I think that the "beats' that they use really flow and make the song somewhat enjoyable. The boys in the group are very attractive which is one of the reasons I (and many other people) like them. I also like their hairstyles, they are not only different from the everyday hairstyles I see in NZ but they also suit their clothing style and facial features. Personally I like BTS as a group and who they are (because after some videos of watching them, they seem like really nice and great people), but their music is something just not for me.

4 comments:

Naomi Rosedale said...

Kia ora Limiteti, my name is Naomi and I am a researcher at The University of Auckland. I was particularly interested in your perspective of the BTS band because I felt you presented a very balanced argument: you pointed out at least three aspects that are attractive about the band (e.g. the beats, personalities and style of the band members), but that the language of the songs presents a barrier to a non-Korean/Asian audience. I also find that, apart from opera, understanding the lyrics of a song is one of the essential components towards appreciation. I notice that you didn't indicate what artists are your favourite? I particularly like Cold Play, Gin Wigmore and Ed Sheran.

Heather Collins said...

Morning Limi - I have to say that you, and others on the SLJ, have increased my music knowledge significantly of BTS through your blogging! Like you however, they are also not my genre..Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Hello Limiteti,

You do make some valid points! It's okay that BTS aren't your cup of tea! What music genres are you interested in?

Nga mihi,
Riiana

Daniel said...

Hey Limiteti

Great job as usual! You gave a great argument on what you like and dislike about BTS. I've personally never heard one of their songs but I'll take your word for the beat of it being good. What song is your favorite (that has English lyrics)? Keep up the great blogging!

Daniel

Post a Comment