Pages

Thursday 2 January 2020

Activity 3 : Putting our heads together

Day 4 : Thursday 2nd January
Activity 3 : Putting our heads together

Link to poster : POSTER



For my poster I tried to include many important things. I was sure to add a "person" where we can see their brain (representing mental well-being) and above their brain is a storm could, to show that they, at the moment have a negative mental well-being. Then I was sure to add some main things that John and Mike shared in their sites, but in picture forms. I placed a pair of gumboots with the letters that spell out "Friday" to represent gumboot Friday. I put the smiley face there too, to represent happiness because everyone deserves to be happy. I put the "key to life" because one of the sites that was given was called "key to life". I also put a piggy-bank with charity on it because all of the money donated is given to charity to help with kids mental health care. I put the people holding hands with the letters "P, M, H" because it stands for "Positive Mental Health" which is something that Mike and John are trying to help with. I made sure to place all those things around the person to show that there are many things around that are here to help when we are mentally unstable sometimes.

4 comments:

Heather Collins said...

Positive Mental Health is such an important attribute in today's instant and entitled society that we all need to address how to switch off rather than been constantly switched on. Well done for addressing the elephant in th room Limi...Keep blogging, and commenting on others to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes, and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Erica said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

I can tell you put a lot of effort into this poster, Limi. I like the symbolism you chose of the storm clouds. Do you do art or writing in your spare time or at school? I have a feeling you'd be really good at these two subjects.

Keep up the fantastic work. I can't wait to read more of your posts! :)

Nga mihi
Erica

Daniel said...

Hey Limiteti

Your poster on positive mental health is great. I like how you added a storm above the figures head to represent negative mental well being with all of the items representing the positive aspect around the outside. It good to see that you understand the importance of someone having a healthy mind. Keep up the good work.

Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hej Limiteti!

The thought that went into this is magnificent! The outcome definitely shows off your thought process! I love how all the images seem to fit with eachother. Nothing looks out of place. Ka pai!!

Great work once again!
- Riiana

Post a Comment