Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Activity 2 : En Pointe

Day 5 : Friday 10th January
Activity 2 : En Pointe

My : Link















Out of all 25 amazing an inspirational quotes that I had read this one had really caught my eye, the moment I read it, it hit my emotions differently than to when I read the others. The quote I chose was  “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. ” by Bonnie Blair. To me it really does mean a lot,like doing your best, way more important than coming first in a test or competition. To me the quote tells me that becoming the best you is more of a greater win than any competition out there. To me it means that to win you don't always have to beat or be better than others but just one-upping the old you is enough. To me that quote means so many things to me, because personally I have had situations where this quote would of really made an impact to me if I had read it before. Personally what Bonnie had said is something I've been trying to say to myself for a long time, I absolutely love this quote and I truly do feel like many people can learn something from it. 

3 comments:

Heather Collins said...

What a great mantra you now have to 2020 and beyond Limi...

Remember, be the best YOU can be!

Erica said...

Kia ora Limiteti,

I really like that quote as well. It is such a positive way to look at our achievements and growth in different areas of our lives. It is good to focus on our SELF growth and competition, not competition with everyone else! :)

Always keep pushing for success, Limi! Also, you've almost finished the Summer Learning Journey... I'm looking forward to your last post. You've got amazing mana!

Nga mihi
Erica

Anonymous said...

Hello Limiteti,

Thank you have sharing such a wonderful quote. I've found myself to be growing fond of it. I believe that your interpretation of the quote is spot on. Ka pai!

Great work!
- Riiana

Post a Comment