Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

Coming to an end

Summer Learning Journey - Coming to an end

Activity 1 : Tell us all about your (imaginary) VE party.

The invitations just went out to my closest friend and family members. I invited them over to come and celebrate VE day. As my husband prepares the barbeque I get the salad ready for the burgers. As more people start to arrive, the more smile that came to light up our house. I quickly prepare some fun little games for everyone to play like soccer in the front yard and basketball in the drive way. As our day comes to an end we have a moment of silence for the men and women that died during the war.

Activity 2 : Tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures below were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?

Image result for common clothes of late 1940 Image result for jeans and tight tops

For me I prefer the things that we are wearing now, only because I dont feel confourtable in dresses and when its cold my legs would be freezing. I really dont know what we would be wearing in 65 years, I just hope that its not ugly. But thats why the past is in the past and the future is currently unknown, that's also why the present is our gift.

Activity 3 :  What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it.

My favourite desserte would have to be brownies.
Image result for brownies
The recipe that I found is

1/2 vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Limi,

Wow amazing work so far. What other styles do you prefer? Keep up the great work friend.

Unknown said...

Hola Limi
Amazing Work so far!!!! What do you prefer to eat the brownies with??

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Limi

What an amazing recipe you have shared with us.What do you prefer to eat brownies with?

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Limi!

I really enjoyed reading this blogpost. What you said about your VE day celebration was really beautiful. I like that you'd have a big fun day with family and friends, food on the BBQ, sports and games, and then a moment of silence for the men and women who died during the war. That's really thoughtful.

I agree with you, I think it's nice that these days we have so much more variety in choice of clothing and we don't just have to wear dresses. We can wear jeans when it's cold! I hope it's not ugly, too! But most likely, we'll still be able to make our own clothing choices then too. What do you think you'll be wearing in 65 years?

Yum! Brownie is my favourite too! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm always looking for the best brownie recipe!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment