Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

The early days ( Late 1800s - 1919 )

Summer Learning Journey - The early day ( Late 1800s - 1919 )


Activity 1: Use your search engine to find a picture of another famous cathedral. Post a picture of the cathedral on your blog. Underneath the picture tell us: the name of the cathedral, where the cathedral is located, when it was built, and how long it took to build.


This cathedral is called the st patrick's cathedral. It is located in New york city. It was opened on 1878. according to a site on google it took them 20 years to build it.

Activity 2 : What do you think about the fact that women were not allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Is it fair? Why or why not?

I actual am sitting on the fence. For one I dont mind that they made the women in saudi arabia wait to vote until 2015 only because I do not live there. But on the other hand its unfair that women were not aloud to vote till 2015. Only because, for one if they were depending on their people to choose their next prime minister they would want everyone to have a contribution not just the men because men and women live there. It is not the land of the men it is the land of the people.

Activity 3 : Tell us what you think of the poem. Do you like it? How does it make you feel?

The poem makes me feel sad and happy. Happy, that I'm here living today but sad because they died for my freedom and I am so grateful for their sacrifice.

Today is a special day. I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and I hope you all have and amazing day.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limi
What fantastic work you have done!!! What was your favourite part about this activity and why???

Anonymous said...

Kia ora Limiteti,
My name is Cerenity and i'm a student from Tamaki Primary school. I have joined the summer learning journey programme to keep my learning going. In this activity, I like the way you used deep thinking. I also like the way you kind of added how you felt when you said that the poem makes you feel sad and happy!

Great job and keep up the good work!

Ka Pai!

Unknown said...

Hey there Limiteti, my name is Billy from the SLJ. I like the cathedral you have chosen. It is really cool looking. I wonder how tall it is?

It's interesting that it took 20 years to build, why do you think that was?

Thanks, Billy

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Amazing work! The information that you have given is interesting, Keep up the great work :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Limi

Amazing work! THe information you have presented and written down is just excellent. Well Done!

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Limiteti,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's great to see that you've been working away on these activities. Well done!

Activity 2: Good work! I had never thought about it not mattering because we don't live there. If you ask me, it's not fair. They have opinions and it's only right that they get treated as equals. How does it make you feel that New Zealand was the first country to let women vote?

Bonus activity: I feel the same way about the poem. I think it's important to remember those who died for us in the war and I think this poem does that beautifully.
Many people lost family and friends during the war. How do you think those people felt when reading the poem?

I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment