Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

The Roaring 20's ( 1920s )

Summer Learning Journey - The Roaring 20's ( 1920s )

Activity 1 : On your blog, tell us what you think the movie is about.

From what I could see, the adventure and the tramp found gold. They then went to look for a house to stay in and came across a cabin. They must of thought it was abandoned or something but it belonged to the outlaw. But before all that the Tramp met the dancer and they fell in love but then they got split apart somehow. Then they remet somewhere. My thoughts might be wrong but, thats what I think.

Activity 2 : Give the painting a rating out of 5 stars (1 star = terrible painting, 2 stars = pretty bad painting, 3 stars = okay painting, 4 stars = good painting and 5 stars = amazing painting). After you’ve rated the painting out of 5, tell us why you gave it that rating.

I give the painting 5 stars because I loved it. I love the way, every time I looked at the person sitting in it I couldn't tell if it was a male or a female and to me it just told me that its okay to be transgender because like every other paint this one was just as beautiful. I also loved the colours that they used and the way that it look almost like 3D.

Activity 3 : Imagine that you were a member of the flight crew. Write a poem that describes how you would have felt when you landed safely in Christchurch after such a long trip

Its nearly been 10 hours and were still under the storm
flying so high in the sky its so cold will it ever get warm?
Were flying blind in the sky not knowing where to go
But once we see land we all already know.
I'll be the first to jump off.
no ones going to stop me.
they better not try block me
or they'll have to wait and see.
The men don't know how scared I am
I just want to go home and eat some lamb.

My rhyming skills are not the best but I tried.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limi
Fantastic work you have done!!! What was your favourite activity and why was it your favourite??

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Limi

Fabulous work Limi! What was your hardest task yet?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Limiteti,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's great to see that you've continued to work on these activities. Well done!

Activity 1: Those are good thoughts! It can be very tricky to understand what is happening in a silent movie. Would you like to watch a silent movie one day? I think I would like to watch one but not all the time!

Activity 2: What an interesting perspective! I hadn't thought about that! The painting is a self-portrait of the artist who is a women so I suppose by knowing that, I never thought of this! Did you like the colours the artist used?

Bonus activity: Great work! It's hard to write a poem, but I think you've done a good job. I thought it was amusing where you talked about the pilot wanting to go home and eat some lamb. Lamb is very yummy! :)

I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment