Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

It's all in the family

Summer learning journey - It's all in the family

Activity 1 : Imagine you were a part of a family of 9. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?

For me I would hate to be apart of such a big family. first of all there would always be a big mess to clean up meaning more chores and less time to do our own thing. Another reason is because what if we only have one bathroom? it would be "fight for the toilet" every morning. Then there we have to worry about food. How will the little bits from our crops feed us for the week?. Then there is the situation about being able to sleep somewhere. Yes in the winter being in a big family helps heat wise but what happens in the summer?. the house will be stuffy and just too over heated.

Activity 2 : When you have completed your pepeha, post it on your blog.

Ko___Lorena_____ rāua ko _____Solomone______ōku mātua  My parents are … and …
Ko ________Limi________________ tōku ingoa. My name is

I didnt know that to do so I just filled out what I could.

Activity 3 : Write two fun facts about each person.

I asked 3 people close to me and...
Siua said he likes to play sports and sleep.
Beinex said that he likes to swim and play sports.
Mone said he likes to play with his friend and play online games.

5 comments:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Limi!

Thanks for sharing your opinion on whether you would like to be in a big family or not. I totally agree with your point about 'fighting' for the toilet. I live with 6 people at the moment and we often have to 'fight' for the bathroom, especially in the morning when everyone is getting ready. It would be much nicer to have one more bathroom or a couple less people! However I do love living with lots of people because I am an extrovert and love chatting and hanging out!

Did you watch the link about how to write your pepeha? That might help you to fill out the rest of it. I would love to know some more about you if you can finish your pepeha :)

Nicky :)

Unknown said...

Hey Limi
Fantastic work!! Just reading your reasons for why you wouldn't want to be in a big family was starting to win me over.. Being in a big family, would you want to be the oldest or the youngest and why??

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Kia ora Limi
Fantastic Work! You are an excellent writer. I loved how you used dialogue to explain one of your reasons. Do you have a big family?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Limi
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment