Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

In the beginning

Summer Learning Journey - In the beginning

Activity 1 : Name 3 things that you have learned about Maui.

One thing that I've learnt is that Maui's brothers never let Maui go fishing with them, they had to make many excuses to make sure that he didnt go. Another thing I learnt was that he had to weave his fishing line, from flax. The last information that I collected from the text was that, Maui supposedly pulled up the north island of New Zealand from the sea.

Activity 2 : Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand.

Dear: Jolie
Its the fifth day of our travel and today was worst than the others. Weve traveled many miles and we haven't seen a bit of land yet!. As we sit here under the scorching hot sun he still have to row the waka towards nothing. but as we are getting farer and farer away from home the more nervous I am to come across another land without you. I miss you so much and I hope that the family is doing okay.

Activity 3 : Whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

I would love to be in a waka ama race one day. For one it would be a new experience and I can do the race with all my friends and it can build our relationship and communication skills, and we can all just have fun trying to archive something that we have never tried before.

8 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Outstanding work, I love how you wrote the letter to me. If it was real I would've missed you every single day. I love your reason on why you would like to do waka ama and your facts they are so interesting. Keep up the great work. Have a great holiday:)

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Limi
You have done fantastic work, I enjoyed reading your post. Reading your Maui facts were very interesting and very original. When you were writing your letter to Jolie, what type of food were you eating??? Keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

Hey Limi

You have done amazing work, I love your letter and I love that you wrote it to Jolie . If I were you then I would miss jolie . I also love your Maui facts there so interesting . You have done outstanding work keep it up
Talk to you in the future
:)
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Limi,

Wow a very different way and unique way of doing the summer learning journey. This is fantastic work and yes of course you crossing a world without your friend is the worst thing possible. What was you favourite activity that you have done? Keep up the amazing work friend.

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi Limi
I love reading this task and I read over and over again a bunch of times because the language features on this task is amazing. What makes you interested in doing the Waka ama

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia Ora Limi and welcome back to the Summer Learning Journey!

I'm so pleased you could join us and I'm already enjoying your blog so I look forward to seeing more of your writing.

I love all the exciting words you have used in your letter to Jolie. I can tell it was a hard time for you to have to leave your family and friends and to have voyaged for so long to still see no land yet! But it will be an exciting new adventure, I'm sure!

It's awesome that you'd be willing to give the Waka Ama race a go! It would absolutely be a challenging but fun experience to try something new with your friends. Have you been in a waka before? Or a kayak?

Keep up the fabulous work Limi!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Limi
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment