Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Hitting a high note

Summer learning Journey - Hitting a high note

Activity 1 : Use Google to research traditional Māori Waiata. Listen to a number of Waiata and read the lyrics. On your blog tell us which one of the waiata you found you like the most. Why do you like it?

for this activity I had a hard time finding a traditional Maori waiata but, I did manage to come across this one Traditional Maori Waiata . What I really liked about this song was the way that they sung it. I also loved how they said the words so clearly. Although I dont understand what they are saying I still really loved it.

Activity 2 : Choose one game, and on your blog, tell us the (i) name of the game, (ii) the goal or purpose of the game, and (iii) two rules.

The name f the game that I chose was Poi Rakau. The goal of this Traditional Maori game is to catch the stick before it hits the ground . A couple of rules for this game is for one, you cant dig the stick into the ground and two you have to catch the stick before it hits the ground or your out. Click here if you want to know more

Activity 3 : Rank the performances from your favourite (#1) to least favourite (#3) and tell us why you gave them the ranking that you did.

1. Te Iti Kahurangi
2. Te puke
3. Tamatea Arikinui

I put Te Iti Kahurangi first because I loved the way that they were holding hands in the beginning it really made them look strong. I also loved it when they started singing they harmonize so well. My favourite bit of the video is when she did her solo. She sounded like an angel. I put Te puke second because I loved the way that they sang the song. At first it sounded so nice and soft and then they came in strong it was just so nice. Finally I put Tamatea Arikinui last because I didnt really think that there was as much energy put into the routine than the others. But over all it was still amazing.

Although I have ranked them from first being the best, and third being my least favourite they were all still amazing performances.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limi
What fantastic work you have done!! Poi Rakau sounds like a very fun game to play.. Would you play Poi Rakau??? Keep up the great work!!

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi Limi what fantastic work you have done! Poi Rakau sounds really fun, in fact I also picked the same game for this activity as well. WHat made you pick this game?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Limiteti,

My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you during the Summer Learning Journey. You've done a really good job with these activities. Well done!

Activity one: This is an interesting waiata. I haven't heard it before but I like how they end the song. Could you google the waiata maybe and find out what it means?

Activity two: Good work! Poi Rakau is a very fun game. Have you ever played it before? I have played it a few times and enjoy it very much. It's all about your hand-eye coordination which is nice and challenging.

Activity three: You have done a great job of explaining why you have placed them in this order. Well done! The harmonizing is amazing, isn't it? I like how you have said that they were all amazing performances because I agree with that.

I look forward to reading more of your blog.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Limi
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment