Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

It's all in a days work

Summer Learning Journey : It's all in a days work

Activity 1 : A house or a home?

One thing that our modern day homes and the wharepuni have in common is that they were built for families to stay in. But, a difference is that the wharepuni was built for tribes and groups of over 10 people to stay in, while our modern day homes are for small amounts of people to live in. Another similarity is that the shell of the wharepuni and our homes are more so the same but, the difference is what lies within. Inside the wharepuni it is a big open space where everyone rest and sleeps, but on the other hand in the modern day homes there are rooms and walls to section off the house. From this I have realised something, is the traditional wharepuni the same thing as a marae? or is "marae" just a modern word for wharepuni?

Activity 2 : Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog.









I drew myself in the court of law ( for a good reason ). I drew myself there because hopefully, one day when im older I'll become a Lawyer. At this very moment that is where I see myself in the future.

Activity 3 : Post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite
Image result for butter chicken

Currently my favourite meal is butter chicken with rice. It butter chicken with rice because I just like the way that it all just melts in my mouth. I also love how amazing it smells and I'm no chief but the way that the soft rice complement the chicken is just so amazing. Everytime I eat it I just feel like im in heaven. Unfortunately I dont know the recipe but if I did I would be set for days.

8 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Magnificent work. I believe that you will become a lawyer when you are older because you have the skills to be one. Butter Chicken is delightful isnt it. Keep up the great work my friend :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Limiteti, great work on these activities. I liked the way that you really put lot's of information in each of the activities. If you really like butter chicken so much what about you research the recipe?

Mia

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hi Limi
Brilliant work you have done Limi, I always knew you were an amazing writer. Being a lawyer takes a lot of responsibility which I definitely know you have. Why would you choose to be a lawyer. Love your work

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Limi,
Amazing work that you have done so far. Wow a lawyer is a very tricky but amazing and important job to have. I think you are capable. Why did you choose to be a lawyer? Keep up the brilliant work :)

Unknown said...

Aloha Limi,
Outstanding work you have done Limi.. You and me have kinder the same future job. What type of lawyer would you want to become and why?? Keep it up!!!

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Limi!

You are such a great writer! I am always captivated by your writing and how you respond to the activity questions. Well done.

It sounds you have been in a wharepuni before with all the knowledge you have about them. Have you? That a good question Limi, I was actually wondering the same thing. I know them as a marae rather than a wharepuni. Maybe it does mean the same thing... Could you do some research and let me know?

Nice picture! Do you know what kind of lawyer you want to be? And what inspired you to want to be a lawyer? That's an exciting goal and career to work towards!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Limi
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment