Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

The greatest depression

Summer Learning Journey - The greatest depression

Activity 1 : Tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress.

When I want to de-stress or relax or cool down I just plug in my headphones and listen to music. My tip to being relaxed is doing something calm like reading a book or doing something you like, maybe its listening to music or reading or playing sports.

Activity 2 : List three different ways that you could raise funds for families to help them buy food and clothing.

We could have a gold coin sausage sizzle. To get a sausage sizzle all you need to do is give a gold coin. Another thing we could do is, families from the community could have a car boot sale. All the sell is their old or unwanted clothes to whomever wants it. And my last thought is that every week the community could have like a give-a-way. So every week a family presents a prize and at the end of the week who ever has the winning ticket is the winner. But to enter the give-a-way you have to play 3 dollars for a ticket.

Activity 3 : Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s. What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you?

Well on my trip back to the 1930s I would be sure to bring lots of things. First of all I would take them clothes for all sizes, ages and genders. Then I would take them cadbury chocolate. I would also take them blankets, food and just things to eat. Oh, i would also take them fizzy drinks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limi
What amazing work!! Your first activity sounds like you have many ideas to become calm.... Do you get stressed for no reason??

Unknown said...

Hey there Limi my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey Programme. It's great to see that you have completed lots of activities. Keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks for sharing your useful tips with us about how to reduce stress. I also find listening to music relaxing. Reading a book is a great way to take your mind of things, especially if the book is fiction. And yes, getting outside, among nature, exercising, is another great way of reducing stress.

Fantastic tips. Keep up the great blogging.

Billy

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Limi

Yours tips about how to reduce stress is absolutely amazing. That actually helped me to relax a little more and how to be a much more relaxed person. WHat was your favourite part about this task?

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia ora Limi!

I love all your creative fundraising ideas! I can tell you have thought about ideas that would be effective and simple ways to raise some funds that everyone in the community can get involved with. Have you done any of these before and had success with them? I've done a sausage sizzle and a garage sale which were both fun and helpful for raising money!

Again, I love how thoughtful your ideas are; that you would make sure you have clothing items for all sizes, ages and genders. I think it's great that you would take some necessity items and some more luxury items like chocolate and fizzy drinks that they may not have been able to get back then!

Keep up the wonderful blogging Limi!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment