Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

White picket fences ( 1950's )

Summer Learning Journey - White picket fences ( 1950's )

Activity 1 : Tell us if you think that the ‘meat and three veg’ rule is a good one.

I actually really like the rule. I think that I would enjoy this 1950's dinner. For one it is a meal that I would be able to eat. Its not so much that I can't eat it all and it's not too little to the point that I have to waste it or save some for later. I would also like to eat it because we have a great portion of vegetables and it's also a good portion of meat.


Activity 2 : Tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.


At my school the most popular girls name was Mya, there was at least 3 girls with that name, but its may not seem that much because the population of our school is very small. And, the most popular boys name at our school Sione. There was at least 5 boys with that name. then it went William with 2 boys with that name. But for the girls it went Jazire with 2 people having that name. But thats all. I've tried to remember all the kids in my school and these are all the names where I could match them with another.


Activity 3 : Imagine that you are living in New Zealand in the 1950s. Design the front of a postcard that you could send to a friend. Be sure to describe what you have drawn on your blog beneath the picture.




In my picture I gathered things off the internet. I got ferns because they are an essential part of NZ. I did the kiwi because it is our traditional animal. I put fish and pavlova on my card too because many of us New Zealanders eat them on special occasions. I then put jandals on it because New Zealanders are known for wearing jandals. I then put elves on it because everyone knows that they help santa make the presents. The I finally put the sentence "Merry Christmas" which was designed very elegantly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limiteti, happy new year. Thanks for completing another set of activities and working really hard during your summer break. I hope that you are also relaxing and enjoying your time off!

I liked reading your thoughts on the meat and three veg rule. It's great to see you're thinking about whether or not it will fill you up and also discussing portion size. I was wondering if you would get bored of eating the same sort of thing each night?

What kind of food do you usually eat for dinner?

Thanks, Billy

Unknown said...

Hi Billy,

I'm so sorry for the late response I was at a campsite with my family that hand no service. Yes I do think that my taste buds would get bored of eating the same things every night. For dinner I eat what ever my mother provides me weather it is big or small. How about you Billy what do you eat for dinner?

Unknown said...

Hey there,

That's ok. I hope you had an awesome time. How was camping? I used to go camping heaps with my family when I was younger. We've camped in so many different parts of New Zealand.

We have lots of different things, which helps to keep it interesting, such as curry, wraps, stir fry, etc.

What is your favourite meal that your mother cooks?

Thanks, Billy

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Limi!

Great work with the day one activities! It can be hard to think of popular names at your school - but someone else said names similar to you, so they must be popular. The popular names when I was at school were Emma and Josh. There were at least 2 or 3 of each at my school.

Great job on your post card! It's very colourful and Kiwiana with lots of icons and symbols. I think if you sent that to someone overseas, they'd learn a few things about New Zealand by just receiving your post card! Have you ever received a postcard from overseas?

Nicky :)

Post a Comment