Pages

Friday 5 January 2018

Maintaining the Status Quo (The 1990’s)

Summer Learning Journey - Maintaining the Status Quo (The 1990’s)

Activity 1 : Tell us what you would need to pack if you were going to hike the Tongariro Crossing.

1. sun hat
2. raincoat
3. water bottles
4. food
5. med kit
6. matches
7. pocket knife
8. gun flare

Activity 2 : Write a short profile of one of our former Prime Ministers.
Jenny Shipley 2013 (crop).jpg

Name of prime minister : Dame Jennifer Mary Shipley
Date of Birth: 4 February 1952

Political Party: she the prime minister
Number of Years as Prime Minister: 8 December 1997 – 5 December 1999 ( 2 years )
Three interesting facts about my chosen Prime Minister:
1. She is New Zealand's first prime minister
2. she is the only woman to have led the National Party

3. 36th prime minister of New Zealand

Activity 3 : Tell us what you think. Should students have to pay money, to go to university? Tell us why or why not?
I think that we should. My reason to believing that is because when we get good paying jobs we will be able to pay off the debt. And, I think that some or even most of the money that we pay to the University that we attend goes to the teachers.

1 comment:

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia ora Limi!

Great job! That's a good list of things to remember fro the trip to the Tongariro Crossing. I'd love to do it! If I was to go though, I'd take someone that's ben before or knows what they're doing incase anything goes wrong. Would you give it a go?

Those are some pretty big achievements for Jenny Shipley, being the first woman Prime Minister and being the only woman to have led the National Party. If you were PM, Limi, what's one thing you would change in New Zealand?

Thanks for sharing your opinion on university costs. I think you make a good point about getting a good job and paying off the debt. I think the fees are absolutely fine and the lecturers and teachers deserve to be paid well but it's the extra costs like accomodation, travel, and living costs that make going to university expensive. I'm from Wellington and had to move to Auckland to do my study, so I had to find a flat to rent, travel to and from university, pay bills and lots of other things. So these were all extra costs on top of my fees which adds to the students loan.

Do you think you will go to university at some point?

Nicky :)

Post a Comment