Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Looking into the future

Summer Learning Journey - Looking into the future

Activity 1 : What would you like to do when you finish school? Would you like to work in a specific job? Would you like to study at university? What would you study? Maybe you’d even like to move overseas. Share your thoughts and ideas on your blog.

When I finish school I would hope to go to university. At the university I will study to become a flight attendant with my best friend so that we can travel the world together and get paid doing it. I also need to work on my being nice skills and it might really help. After a couple of year doing that job I will go back to University and do Law school because I want to travel the world then go for my true passion which is debating. But I will still live with my parents only to look after them but if they dont want me in the house then im gone, but if not the only time i will ever leave is when they leave first.

Activity 2 : Tell us which of the three cars you would choose and why.

I would choose the modern day car because as me and my once close friend would say, The past is in the past and the future is currently unknown, that's why the present is our gift. And right now my gift would of also been a new car.

Activity 3 : Write a description of what New Zealand will be like at that time (80 – 90 years from now). What kind of houses will people live in? What will they eat? Where will they work?

Fire rages over cities, rubbish piled amongst houses and overflowing the seas. waters from clear blue to dark mucky black. Houses so small not even a family of 4 can fit. people fine dining at the fish and chip shop, smokers throwing hundreds away day after day after day. Not a single animal to be heard when all is silent. Not even the insects would sing at night. hospital beds overflowed by people with poisoning after eating fish from the contaminated waters. people still debating on weather we should save the seagulls or just build more car parks for the motel and hotel across the road from the beach. No one ever goes to the beach, only because the sun burns, its gone way to hot for any one to handel. This is the future I believe we will be living if we keep acting like this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Limiteti,

You clearly have a career path in mind. Good for you! It's impressive that you've given thought to what you would like to do in the future, and how you will get the training you need.

I think that being a flight attendant will be a very interesting job in terms of the variety of people you'll meet and the places you'll visit. I live in Canada but I've visited New Zealand a number of times as my daughter, Rachel Williams, and our grandson, Aronui live in Auckland. The flight attendants on Air New Zealand have always been very impressive - very kind, helpful, polite and hard-working. They treat their customers extremely well, in my experience.
And being a lawyer is so interesting - upholding the law and seeking justice is very admirable, though difficult, I think. I'm glad that you're aiming at such valuable professions.
And I'm sure that your parents are very appreciative that you're planning on living at home to be of help to them, unless they don't need you. Good for you!

Your comment about choosing a modern day car is very poetically written. Lovely.

And you've put a lot of thought into what you think New Zealand will be like in the future. I'm sorry that you think it will be so badly damaged by pollution etc. I agree with you that it's absolutely critical that we reduce our use of toxic materials and that we be much more careful as to how we live so that the earth and waters around us won't be polluted. But I'm more optimistic than you might be - I hope and trust that people, like yourself, will continue to figure out how we can live in a respectful way in our environments so that we won't continue to damage the world. People are very good problem-solvers and very resilient - let's hope we'll figure things out in time.

I hope you're enjoying your holiday and congratulations on being such a great blogger!

Leslie

Davarni said...

Hi Limiteti,

My name is Davarni and I go to Genbrae school. I am also contributing in the Summer learning journey.

Your plans for the future sound well thought out, I think you'll have a great future ahead of you!

You did great for each activity, keep up the great work!

Davarni

Unknown said...

Hey Limi
Awesome work!! What was one thing that you found interesting in both activity 1 and 2??

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Awesome work. It is great how you want to study to become a flight attendant. I believe that you can do it. Have a great holiday :)

Post a Comment