Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Groovy man ( the 1970's )

Summer learning Journey - Groovy man ( the 1970's )

Activity 1 : Rank the clips in order from your most favourite (#1) to your least favourite (#3).

1. Ray Columbus and the Invaders
2. New Zealand Underdogs
3. Golden Harvest

Activity 2 : Tell us, on your blog, two things that you like about 1970s fashion and two things that you don’t like about the fashion of the day.

For one I really like the fact that they wore dresses all the time only because at this moment its summer and I'm hot. Another thing I like is the pants, I really like how at the end it fluffs out. BUt the downfall is that the t-shirt that the women are wearing are just so hmmmm, not my kind of style and, the hairstyle that the men have are just so bland and plain there is no flavor or jaz to the look.

Activity 3 : On your blog, write a letter to your principal to try and convince him/her to make the change. Ensure that your letter is polite and respectful.

Dear: Mr Hendriks

Im writing to you today to explain. Explain and persuade you make a change and this one will have not a better but a greater outcome. Mr I'm writing today about why our school should stop giving out homework. So Mr , one example I would like to expose is the fact that it takes up lots of time. While we sit inside and do our homework we could be outside getting some exercise or helping around the house. Another reason I think you should stop giving out homework to kids at school is because it causes stress. Mr you may be looking at this letter with a perplexed look on your face but it's true. We kids stress about the fact that we don't get it or the fact that we won't be able to finish it on time. And it's really unhealthy to stress every single day. Mr you don't have to stress out about why so many kids are coming late to school, it's because of the fact that we have to stay up and finish our homework or chores and things that we couldn't do before. So Mr I hope that you can take my reasons into consideration and hopefully homework will be banned from our school.

1 comment:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Limi!

Great job with these activities. I put Ray Columbus and the Invaders as my first, too, because I think the song is really funky! I'd love to know why you ranked them in the order you did?

Thanks for sharing your opinion on the 1970's fashion - you make some really interesting points! I think now, there is a lot more variety and there is a lot more flavour and jazz to the style people are choosing to have. What kind of style from today do you like?

I think you make some important points to your principal about not having homework. I agree with you that you could be spending more time outside and that you find it difficult sometimes to get it completed. I'm sure he'd be willing to hear your argument :)

Nicky

Post a Comment