Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Social Systems

Summer Learning Journey - Social Systems

Activity 1 : Imagine that you had to form a coalition government with two other people.  Who would you choose to partner with?

I would form a coalition with my best friends. My best friend Moana because she will make us laugh but also make sure we get our task done. I would also choose my other best friend Tuakana, because she is really smart, she can have a really great time but she also knows when to be very serious. I also chose them because they are both funny and kind and the fact that we are best friends shows me that we already have each others back.

Activity 2 : Post a picture of your hometown and provide a list of three things that tourists, like us, could do if we came to visit. What do you like most about your hometown?

Image result for glen innes auckland      Image result for glen innes auckland
The pictures that I have provided are just little pieces of my amazing home town. Looking at Glen Innes town center might not be that appealing to you all but once you really go its like nothing you have ever experienced before. From the people to the food nearly everything at GI is amazing. The people of my home town might be scary at first glance but once you give them a nice smile and wave hello they won't seem like any threat. While I live in this amazing yet small town there are many things that you can do you have fun and many advantages. For one there is a place in GI called Te Oro ( its the first picture I put up ). Te Oro I a music and art center, equipped with high tech and they have something amazing going on everyday. We also have a swimming pool, the swimming pool might not look cool but its really fun if you go with the right people. Oh, and the library is also a fun place to go to. Yes, I know that the first thing you think of is boring. But, In a busy place like GI the library is like a spa, you can just relax. Another thing that we have up our sleeves is that we are only take about 10 - 20 minutes to get to Auckland city.

Activity 3 : Draw a floorplan of your classroom and upload it to your blog. Describe what is special about your classroom and why you designed it this way.















The reason why my classroom is unique is because we have our own personal playground. so everyday we can play by ourselves if we want to. We also have a kitchen because our teacher will do cooking with us every day and teach us new things and what to do and what not to do in a kitchen. We also have different shaped tables so that the shapes in our class is not all circles or all squares. We also have large cubby holes so we can fit our bags and school supplies in it. Our class is full of different colours. The walls are yellow with green stripes, and the carpet is light blue with red poke dots. And I forgot to mention 2 things. Our class is right across from the toilet and while our teacher has fun teaching her students have fun being taught.

3 comments:

Cia said...

Hey Limiteti,

Activity 1:
I really like that you’ve chosen people who have a sense of humor, but also know how to buckle down and work hard! Have you thought about what you could offer your group? You are after all a team of three, maybe you could edit your post to express what you could contribute to your group.

I’d choose my Mum as a coalition partner because she is kind and empathetic, so she’d help us understand people better. My other coalition partner would be my brother because he’s the no nonsense type who’d help us use time effectively. I have a good attention to detail, so I’d always be checking for anything the team might’ve missed. I know we’d be an awesome team!

Activity 2:
I’m sold on your pitch of Glen Innes, Auckland! It sound like a lovely place to grow up and be around in. Thank you for including some great pictures of your local community centers, I’d love to visit and shop around there. I really like that you’ve included some specific places tourists can visit, I’ll be sure to head out there one of these weekends. Maybe you could write a review on one of these places and post it on your blog later..

I’d recommend Cornwallis beach in Auckland to tourists, I love that there are multiple sides and lots of privacy. Have you been there before? One time I went I saw an octopus in the water! At the time I didn’t want to go near it, but I think I’d take a close look if it happened again.. What would you have done in the same situation?

Bonus Activity:
I love that you’ve included cubbyholes and great big teachers desk, their both a very practical use of space, well done. I think it’s awesome that you’ve included a kitchen and even a playground! Thank you for including the entries and exits too. Have you thought about where you’d store all the class equipment and devices?

I too would love to have a kitchen in my classroom, we’d get to cook and make so many things! I would definitely have different shaped tables like you, thanks for the cool idea!

Keep up the good work, it has been awesome reading your posts!

Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

Cia.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Magnificent work. I can really see all the hard work that you have put into this activity. Your summary of Moana is amazing I love how you put so much information.

I like how you gave 3 places for tourists to visit while they are looking around G.I.

The classroom that you have designed is very unique I love how you gave the desk different shapes. That really caught my eyes.

Have a great holiday :)

Jolie

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Magnificent work. I can really see all the hard work that you have put into this activity. Your summary of Moana is amazing I love how you put so much information.

I like how you gave 3 places for tourists to visit while they are looking around G.I.

The classroom that you have designed is very unique I love how you gave the desk different shapes. That really caught my eyes.

Have a great holiday :)

Jolie

Post a Comment