Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

A Decade of Sport

Summer Learning Journey - A Decade of Sport

Activity 1 : Tell us three things that you learned about Richie that you did not know beforehand. What else would you like to know about Richie?


What I learned about Richie :

1. He is generally know for the worlds be openside flanker.
2. He became the first All black to reach 100 tests in 2011.
3. He had a foot injury in 2011 during the Webb Ellis Cup

Things that I want to know about Richie :

1. He played rugby for the All Blacks
2. He was captain of the team
3. he was born in New Zealand

Activity 2 : Tell us about your sporting hero. Who are they? Why are they a hero? Include a photo of them in your blog post.

Image result for john wall Image result for john wall

My sport hero would have to be John Wall. Okay, so many of you might not know him and that is fine. So, John Wall is a NBA player. He plays for the Washington Wizards. Now John Wall to others might not be the best player ever but he is to me. He inspires me so much and to me when he plays he plays with the desire and the fire in his heart that is telling him to win for his family and friends and even some people he has lost. Like for instance When Miyah a little 6 year old girl who had cancer passed. When I watched the game I could see that he was giving his all and he was out to win for her. But other than that it would have to be him, if not him then stephen curry, lebron james, steve smith or lamelo.

Activity 3 : Post three interesting facts about the dance style, In which country did it originate? Who originally created it?

I have chosen the dance - Mambo
1. In which country did it originate? - The dance is originated in Cuba
2. Who originally created it? - Someone by the name of Cachao invented the dance while living in havana.
3. Which countries helped to inspire the Mambo dance? - To my knowledge no countries.
( If I have any facts wrong someone please correct me so that I don't make that mistake again. )

1 comment:

Megan Lafferty said...

Hello again Limiteti,

It is awesome to see another incredible post from you. I like how you put a whole day's worth of activities into one post, what a great idea.

Isn't Richie McCaw inspiring? You have found out some interesting facts about the legendary All Black. I didn't realise that Richie had a foot injury during the Webb Ellis Cup. Did you find out how long this affected him and how long he was unable to play rugby for? I would be really interested to know.

It sounds like you are a huge basketball fan. Do you play basketball yourself? I am really amazed at the thought you have put into your sporting hero. John Hall sounds like an inspiring young man who has a heart of gold. It sounds like he is an influential sports star with an incredible talent. If you continue to admire inspiring people like John Hall, you, too, will follow in their footsteps. If you were to interview John Hall what question would you like to ask?

It is interesting that the Mambo originated in Cuba. Cuba sounds like a beautiful country that has a rich musical and dancing culture. I have heard of many dance styles, like the cha-cha-cha, that have originated in Cuba. I would love to attend one of their dance parties. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Keep up the awesome work Limiteti,
Megan :)

Post a Comment