Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Perms and Lycra ( The 1980's )

Summer Learning Journey : Perms and Lycra ( The 1980's )

Activity 1 : Use the following sentence starter from the original book to finish the story.

As it rained cats and dogs Hairy sat at the window and gazed out toward the front gate. As he sat he started to weep in at the window knowing that he couldn't go outside. I walk into the kitchen for a glass of milk and feel a little tug at my feet. It was Hairy. He was tugging at my feet to let him out but it was raining so I told him to sit on the couch. As he stared into my eyes his was filled with the desire to go out side but, it was raining. a couple seconds pass and he runs to the couch and digs his furry little head agents it and weeps. As a couple minutes go past the weeping stops. In confusion I walked out side to the living room and saw him fast asleep on the couch. The next day came around and the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I could feel Hairy tugging at my feet while I tried to sleep but he was admit to get my up. i got up and opened the front door and Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy.

Activity 2 : Where would you like to go on your big OE? Which country you would visit and give us three reasons for your choice. Find some pictures on the internet of things that you would like to see and do in this country.

The country I would love to visit on my big OE is London. I would go to london to visit only 2 things, The big ben and the london eye. Ever since I was little I always wanted to ride the London eye and see the big ben in person.

Activity 3 : Imagine that you were Scotty Morrison and you were able to interview anyone you wanted.

If I was Scotty Morrison I think I would choose to interview Donald Trump. I would ask him many question about what he is going to do to make the future of America amazing, if the work that he has is difucult and just some other things.

1 comment:

Ellee said...

Hi Limiteti!

My name is Ellee, I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey Crew that is commenting on your blogs this summer.
Looks like you have been super busy completing your activities this summer, awesome work!

Activity One: Hairy Maclary
Wow! That was really clever to tell the story of what happened before the original! (what a clever cookie man!)
I really like the way you also switched from Hairy's perspective to your own as his owner. This is really creative writing that was lovely to read. How long did it take you to come up with the idea?

Activity two: OE
Great choice with London for your OE! You are right Big Ben is really cool in real life.
I another thing in London that's pretty cool is Madame Tussaud's : https://www.madametussauds.com/london/en
It's a giant wax museum with lots of famous figures...
Maybe you might want to add that to your list of things to see?
Also if you happen to be there during Christmas: http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/about-winterwonderland/
Winter wonderland! I have heard it's amazing!

Bonus: Interview
Interesting choice of person to interview, I like the questions you have so far too! Especially 'what are you going to do to make the future of America amazing?' I think this is an important question seeing as it's what he built his campaign on! Is there any other questions you have thought of? I think I would be curious to know if being President is what he thought it would be?

Great job with your activities Limiteti! I hope you enjoy the rest of your school holidays!

Ellee :)

Post a Comment