Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Activity 2 : Overcoming adversity

Day 2 : Tuesday 31st December
Activity 2 : Overcoming adversity

Related image

It may not seem like a challenge but something challenging (for me) that I had overcome was when I overcame the hate of others. When I say that I "overcame the hate of others" its mainly about how I didn't let the fact that people bullied me ruin the love and joy I liked to spread and show. Growing up I wasn't showed such love and appreciation (from people at school) that many people show me now days, but it was still very hard for me to let the past go and move forward. When I would get bullied by the other girls and boys I would really hate myself and I would wonder why am I so different? why do they pick on me like I don't have thoughts and feelings as well. Although as time went on I realised that everyone is different and that if I let the past affect my future then I wont get anywhere in life. After a year or so just doing my own thing, many kids would still have smart remarks about the things I did and was doing but I didn't let it stop me from reaching my goals. Even though none of then apologised to me personally I made sure to let them know that what they did to me was not ok, and now every time they talk or interact with me I talk like nothing happened because I know that they feel bad for what they did and I know that if I keep bringing up the past I will ever grow as a person. In some of the hardest moments of my life I learnt to forgive the people who brought me the most pain and right now, they are some of my greatest friends. To me, forgiving them was one of the most challenges I had ever overcome.

- Happy New Years Eve

2 comments:

Heather Collins said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't shown much love and appreciation from people at school...and that you never received an apology for any wrong doing. You can only hope that life lessons were learnt by those involved and that in time they will forgive themselves too. You have to be there in the good times (like bowling and take-aways and birthdays) as well as the hard times too. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

Anonymous said...

Hej Limiteti,

First of all, if you see something as a challenge then that's it. No one can decide if you find something difficult or not.

I know that it is not easy to ignore peoples opinions of you so when I say that I am proud that you were able to overcome this obstacle, I abso-fricking-lutey mean it. Thankfully you were given the love and appreciation you are worthy of!

I know we don't know each other personally, but I'd be willing to talk if you ever needed to.

- Riiana :)

Post a Comment