Pages

Thursday 29 June 2017

Polyhedron Shapes

Name: Limi                                                                                                                      29 June 2017

WALT: construct models of polyhedron shapes using everyday materials

In class today our activity was to assemble a polyhedron shape using everyday materials. we had to create, name and find the vertices, faces and edges. I added in how many polygons I used, I named them and added in how many of them I used for my polyhedron. We learnt an easy way to find the edges of a polyhedron shape, you have to add the vertices and faces then take away 2 then you get the number of edges.

webcam-toy-photo5.jpg

Name: Pentagonal prism
Faces: 9
Vertices: 10


9 + 10 - 2
19 - 2 = 17


Edges: 17
Polygons: 3


Triangle - 2
Square - 6
Parallelogram - 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To Limi: Interesting strategy

Post a Comment